So the past week I’ve been feeling a bit in limbo waiting to hear back from the IVF and how things are going regarding my journey. I was really getting bummed because I didn’t want what happened last time to happen again. I’m sure my case manager is totally annoyed by me but oh well LOL life goes on. I finally got a chance to talk to my IF(Intended father) on Monday. It was a little awkward just as it normally is talking to a stranger on the phone for the first time. He asked me different questions and then I asked a few and that was it. Our conversation lasted about 30 minutes with the agency on the line also helping with keeping the conversation going. After we hung up I started thinking about if I wanted to work with him or not. I weighed the pros and cons and decided that I would in fact be moving forward with him. Not even 15 minutes after talking with him I received an email from the agency and it was a message from him saying how he wanted to move forward with me as his surrogate and hoped that I would be willing to help him create his family. I was really surprised and expected that I would be the first to email the agency! I replied right away and let them know that I had decided to move forward as well and to tell the IF that I was very excited to help him create a family. My case manager said she would get all the paperwork into the IVF clinic he would be using and then let me know if she needed any further information. The days went by and I was seriously going crazy waiting to hear something! In that time frame I really felt in limbo, yes I know that this is normal and a long process but waiting to hear really drove me a little crazy haha. Today I finally heard from the agency and they set me up with a tentative date of May 8th for my medical screening! I will also be meeting the IF for the first time!!! Hes flying in from Canada eeek! I’m so excited to meet him and actually get to know who I’ll be helping. I’m praying that everything works out as planned and the 8th is the for sure date! I’m so looking forward to taking the next step in my journey. During my time waiting I decided to ask the agency to email the IF and see if he would be ok with me nursing the baby in the hospital or if he would prefer that I pumped milk for the baby. I waited a couple days for his response and his response was YES! I seriously jumped for joy when I read his reply. So this is where I’m at in the journey and I can’t wait to see what comes next!
Until next time,